St. Paul’s church can still be seen on St. Paul’s Street. It was in existence by 1152, and retains some 12th century fabric within its walls. Its parish was amalgamated with that of St. George’s. By 1556 it housed the Free Grammar School, and continued to do so until the school, now called Stamford School, had new buildings built in 1874. It reverted to use as a chapel for Stamford School in 1930.